Saturday, February 04, 2017

#AuthorLifeMonth Day 4: My WIP


I mentioned a few days ago that my current WIP is actually book 3 of the Chaos Queen Quintet, Blood Requiem. I technically started the novel late last year, then decided I needed to go back to prewriting to really nail down what I wanted to happen with each of the characters in the book.

My experience writing Dark Immolation (book 2) was a rough one, and while I think I'll talk a bit more about that later this month, a lot of it had to do with how I approached the first draft of the novel. To make a long story short, I've done a lot more outlining for Blood Requiem than I ever have for a novel before, and I think it's going to help my process a lot.

My goal is to finish Blood Requiem by the end of April. That's a pretty intense timeline, but I'm feeling pretty confident, especially with all the prewriting I've done.

All that being said, I'm pretty excited about book 3. There are some cool things in the pipeline for Winter, Knot, Astrid, Cinzia, and co., and I can't wait to get them out there! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment